This year schools across the globe have been and will continue to be greatly impacted by the Coronavirus. Our goal at Sea Rose Montessori is to maintain as much normalcy and structure as possible while continuing to provide the same level of dedication to teaching in our beautifully prepared learning environment which fosters independence and instills a natural curiosity for learning.
We understand that keeping our school community safe will take the participation of all of our families and staff, while taking into consideration the guidance of the RIDOH, WHO, and CDC. This is why we have created a specific Safety Committee to help balance out concerns and come up with a strategic plan. This Sea Rose Safety Committee is composed of a combination of family members, school administration, a local university professor and other teaching professionals, as well an epidemiologist who works with the CDC. We are blessed to have such a wide range of perspectives to help guide us through this process. In addition, we feel it is crucial to gather input from current families to better understand their concerns and incorporate their feedback.
Some key examples of how we will be able to maintain this balance includes the following:
- Our spacious classrooms allow for ample social distancing and the many windows enhance ventilation
- Our beautiful campus with three open fields as well as an amphitheater will provide much needed outdoor time for exploration and learning
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures including shared materials after each use
- In addition students will be supplied with individual materials to use at school as well as their own work space
- Open and on-going communication with families
- Creation of a Home Learning Plan for use during circumstances preventing in-person learning—( see the “How Home Learning Works ” Tab for details)