Our students are learning in-person full-time, however we have also developed a robust plan to continue Montessori education at home, in the case of a shutdown or individual quarantine requirements. The plan is child-led and requires minimal screen time, which is only used for direct communication.
School Provided Materials
- Each student will be provided with home learning materials boxes customized for each student designed to meet each student’s interest. These boxes will be filled with a variety of materials that the student will need to complete their lessons.
- Teachers meet with parents to provide support and share techniques/strategies to help keep students engaged and motivated in their work so that they can do theirs
- Teachers meet individually with students to provide one on one support
- Recorded video lessons ( see sample HERE)
- Real Time virtual lessons with students
Required materials include:
- Child sized desk an chair
- Small set of shelves *
- General material including paper, pencils, books
- * Note: We have small tables/shelves that may be borrowed.
- Teachers guide students to take ownership of maintaining and organizing their work area at home just as they would at home.