Lead Guide Lower Elementary
We are seeking candidates passionate about working with Lower Elementary students (beginning at Gr.1 and higher for 2018-2019) in mixed-aged classrooms, and delivering a strong educational experience for all learners. Candidates interested in this position should have excellent collaboration skills and look forward to working within the existing teaching team of primary teachers.
Basic requirements for Lower Elementary Guide:
- Diploma from the Association Montessori Society, Association Montessori International or their accredited affiliates.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Education. Applicants who possess (or are working toward) RIDE certification preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Montessori classroom as a guide.
- Understanding of and commitment to Montessori philosophy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and the Sea Rose community.
- Have the physical capacity to work with elementary-age children.
- Commitment to professional development, best practice in education, and meeting needs of the individual child.
Teacher Assistant (Part Time)
We are currently seeking talented and enthusiastic individuals to support the teachers of our school .
Basic requirements for Teacher Assistant:
- Ability to serve as a model of respect, grace, and courtesy for the children and colleagues.
- Clear communicator who will be able to follow by example from our lead Montessori guides and proactively handle any issues, big or small.
- Conduct yourself with professionalism when communicating with staff, families and our local community.
- Enthusiasm for improving your skills through Montessori training.
- Applicant must have (or is working toward) state teachers assistant certification and/or Montessori teachers assistant certification.
Working at Sea Rose Montessori:
Located on Aquidneck Island, Sea Rose is a young and vibrant, parent-founded start-up school with expanding potential. We hold true to brining Dr. Montessori’s teaching methods and philosophy to the children at the school.
Sea Rose Montessori offers small class sizes, extended outdoor exploration in all seasons, and child-centered, teacher-nurtured learning.
We have great respect for the impact our teachers have on our children and hope that our school can provide an opportunity for you to pursue your interests and professional growth.
Benefits of working at Sea Rose Montessori:
- Committed, supportive parents who value the crucial role teachers play in their children’s development.
- Growth opportunities to explore & expand your skills.
- Year-round stability, part time flexibility
If you are someone who is interested in the Montessori approach to education and seek to nurture students in independence, a love of learning, self-esteem, cooperation, creative thinking, and respect for self and others, let’s talk!
If you are interested in our current career opportunities and meet the requirements, we would love to talk to you!
Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com