Located in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, Sea Rose Montessori is a vibrant Montessori school dedicated to Montessori philosophy and pedagogy. We offer year-round, full-day education for Primary students(3-6), Lower Elementary students(6-9), and first-year Upper Elementary (9-12) students.
We invite you to consider an opportunity at Sea Rose to pursue your professional growth as a Montessorian. Currently we are accepting letters of intent and resumes for the following positions:
Primary, Lower Elementary, and Upper Elementary Teachers
Interested candidates should have excellent collaboration skills, a willingness to embrace a small-school environment, and an ability to be responsible and committed to the mission of Sea Rose.
- Completed Montessori-credentials from the Association Montessori Society or Association Montessori International in respective age-group.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a credentialed college or university. Applicants who possess (or are working toward) RIDE certification preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience as a guide in a Montessori classroom.
- Understanding and commitment to Montessori philosophy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and the Sea Rose community.
- Have the physical capacity to work with age-specific children.
- Commitment to professional development, best practices in Montessori education, and meeting needs of each child.
- Respect for confidentiality of child and school environment.
Talented and enthusiastic individuals to support teachers, children, and classrooms.
- Ability to serve as a model of respect, grace, and courtesy for the children and colleagues.
- Willingness to take direction from Lead Teacher and work independently.
- Commitment to preparing and maintaining the prepared environment daily.
- Clear communicator who is able to follow by example, from our lead Montessori Teachers, and independently address issues when necessary .
- Conduct yourself with professionalism when communicating with staff and families.
- Enthusiasm for Montessori education and desire to progress toward Montessori training.
- Preferred applicants possess or have pending RI State Teacher Assistant Certification and/or Montessori Assistant Certification.
If you are interested in a Montessori career opportunity and meet our requirements, we would love to talk to you!
Please email a letter of intent and resume to email@example.com